Position: Maintenance Mechanic
Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Voca, Texas
This position is responsible for the service, repair, and adjustments for machinery, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles. Job responsibilities include the following:
• Perform maintenance on of crushing, screening and conveying equipment.
• Install and replace bearings, speed reducers, shafts and pulleys, couplings, sheaves, belts, etc.
• Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs. Reassemble after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
• Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
• Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts on equipment and machinery.
• Performs simple welding and cutting tasks to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
• Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Analyze results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
• Record repairs and maintenance performed, parts or materials used, and requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Extensive knowledge of plant equipment and machines, including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
• Ability to operate assigned equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Must be able to work 10-hour weekday shifts with occasional nights, weekends or holidays when required.
Voca, Texas, located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, is approximately 130 miles Northwest of Austin. Its surrounding communities such as Brady, Mason, and Llano offer great schools, beautiful scenery, affordable homes and a variety of outdoor activities. Additional community information can be found at the City of Brady website: www.bradytx.us.